DAT Solutions, a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a Information Security Engineer / Administrator to join our team in Beaverton, Oregon.
DAT is currently looking for an Information Security Engineer Intern for their Corporate IT Department. The Intern will focus on location risk analysis audits, supporting internal security & compliance efforts, and ensuring identified risks are remediated in an effective and timely manner. The Information Security Intern will support DAT’s Information Security Program, including maintaining adequate security controls and processes to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information assets within First Transit’s division focusing on healthcare and other national and regional laws and regulations. The Intern serves as a supporting resource to daily monitoring activity to information Security management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, Create, Update DAT’s Risk Analysis reports.
- Proactive monitoring of IT Security controls support remediation activities.
- Facilitate operating compliance with applicable government, industry, or company regulations.
- Provide proactive operational support for Information Security incident prevention, detection, response, and remediation.
- Supporting role for the DAT’s vulnerability management program, scanning and reporting of vulnerabilities to applicable stakeholder management, and remediation of vulnerabilities in a timely manner.
- Support managing the Information Security Team’s ticket queue, ensuring timing communication and resolution of support tickets and related project work.
- Update, and maintain Information Security related documents, including applicable policies, standards, and procedures.
- Assist with Investigation and analysis with incident response team on resolution of security incidents.
- Collaborate with IT and IS teams on projects in specialist areas.
- Design, implement, and report on perimeter security system and end user activity audits.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods
- General hands-on knowledge of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, endpoint protection, anti-virus software, data encryption, DLP, NAC, SEIM and other industry-standard techniques and practices.Computer skills: Strong MS Office skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Language skills: Excellent English written, grammar and verbal skills
- Soft skills: Team oriented but independent working style, customer focus and result driven, willingness to learn
- Excellent writing skills to develop and edit documentation that will be used as guides, templates, and communication tools
Preferred candidate pursuing any one of the following certifications:
- CEH – Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- CISM – Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- ISSAP – Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (ISSAP)
- ISSEP – Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP)