FULL TIME, MATERNITY LEAVE COVER
17 MONTHS’ DURATION
The Commission for Aviation Regulation is currently seeking to fill the above position. The DP/CSO role is extremely multi-faceted and requires excellent multi-tasking and organisational skills. The DP/CSO primarily has complete responsibility for overview and compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 within the Commission. The DP/CSO also fulfils the role of Safety Officer, manages the e-tenders process, energy monitoring and reporting; and other delegated Corporate Services duties. This role provides a unique opportunity for skills enhancement and career development.
Skills and competencies:
- Current Data Protection Officer Qualification with accredited training body in national and EU data protection law and practices with a requirement to be kept up to date with CPD
- At least 6 months experience working as a Data Protection Officer
- An in-depth understanding of GDPR
- Understanding of I.T. and data security
- Experience fostering a data protection culture by working with all levels of management and staff through training workshops, information campaigns, and providing advice and support
- Ability to undertake continuous learning and development relative to all aspects of the role
- Ability to act in an independent manner in order to carry out the primary concern of enabling compliance
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision, good problem-solving and decision-making skills and personal drive
- Experience in drafting, formatting, editing and proofreading documents and upholds a high standard in written and verbal English
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite with good typing skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to work effectively with numerous stakeholders at multiple levels both internally and externally, with tact, discretion, and confidentiality
- Integrity and high professional ethics
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in the management of Records and Retention policies
- Experience in Health and Safety, E-tender management, and SEAI energy reporting
- General knowledge of the Commission and its functions
- General knowledge of HR practices, procedures, and employment legislation
The position is full time fulfilling a specified-purpose contract covering a period of maternity leave for 17 months. The salary is based on the first point of the Executive Officer scale at €30,278 per annum rising in annual increments to €50,834 subject to satisfactory performance assessment.
For a full description and criteria see www.aviationreg.ie
Applications consisting of a completed application form and covering letter of motivation should be submitted no later than 5pm on Friday, the 24th April 2020 to email@example.com or to the address below.
3rd floor, 6 Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2, D02 W773.
Tel: +353 1 6611700