The COVID-19 pandemic is affecting the world and businesses in a fundamental way. In this time of crisis, businesses are having to adapt quickly in order to survive, and that sometimes means cutting costs and steps in various business processes – including hiring practices. Unfortunately, neglecting to conduct proper due diligence in terms of pre-employment background screening during COVID-19 can have disastrous consequences.
Many companies are still hiring during the pandemic, and some are hiring at an accelerated rate – especially in the medical profession and industries dealing with infectious diseases, medical supply, pharmaceutical companies and research facilities. Also, supply chains have changed. The increased need for delivery personnel and those who are filling supply gaps in countries under quarantine are driving more hiring and, subsequently, a need for quick and effective pre-employment screening.
For more about how the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting hiring and increasing risk, download our new brochure: “Covid19 Background Screening? Don’t Let Covid-19 Widen the Money Mule Pool & Fraud.” Learn about how “money mule” scammers are taking advantage of the COVID-19 crisis, and how EmploySmart™ can help mitigate risk and keep your organisation better protected.
Benefits of background screening
Skipping pre-employment background screening increases the risk of hiring someone who could cause irrevocable damage to your organisation. From the loss of reputation and brand damage to outright fraud or theft, one bad actor in your hire can have serious consequences. Conversely, a robust pre-employment check can help you and your company:
- Reduce turnover & training costs
- Gain a competitive edge through the hiring of better people
- Increase productivity – help your employees be more productive knowing that everyone employed by your company has been screened
- Set your company apart & win more business
- Reduce employee-related problems
- Protect company reputation/brand & customer relations
- Comply with mandates created by state or federal law for certain industries
- Increase retention
- Reduce negligent hiring claims
- Avoid violence in the workplace (threats of violence & actual violence)
- Reduce theft & espionage
- Avoid lawsuits & the costs associated with a legal defence
- Avoid loss of goodwill
EmploySmart™ in a time of crisis
EmploySmart™ is CRI Group’s robust pre-employment background screening service that helps companies of any size and industry avoid negligent hiring liabilities. During the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s especially important to ensure a safe work environment for all of your employees. EmploySmart™ can be tailored to meet the requirements of each specific position within your company. As a leading worldwide provider of specialised local and international employment background screening, CRI Group’s services are second-to-none in providing risk mitigation and peace of mind in the hiring process.
Timely and robust screening
EmploySmart™ provides a full, quick and efficient in-depth background screening service for candidates and employees at all levels. This covers your bases from senior executives to shop-ﬂoor employees, from registered nurses and communications associates to social workers, project managers and technicians. Our background screening checks include the following:
- Address verification (physical verification)
- Identity verification
- Previous employment verification
- Education & credential verification
- Local Language Media Check
- Credit verification & financial history (where publicly available)
- Compliance & regulatory check
- Civil litigation record check
- Bankruptcy record check
- International criminal record check
- Integrity due diligence … and more.
Manage international hires
In today’s global economy, many corporations engage in international hiring. When doing so, it is critical for each international candidate to verify that they are permitted to work in the region you are recruiting for. You are subject to statutory penalties if you employ foreign nationals who don’t have the correct visas.
Criminal records checks may be required depending on the role you are recruiting, such as roles with children or vulnerable people, which are highly regulated – and the rules for these vary from country to country.